The bad smell of the scalp can have many causes, but it will always be a nuisance. Some people may even resort to isolation because they cannot handle to get rid of smelly scalp. Therefore, you need to identify what causes this odor before starting any treatment.
What are the main causes?
Unfortunately, men and women can be affected by this problem. At first it is associated with poor hygiene. However, there are several factors that can cause scalp odors such as:
- Greasy hair;
- Excessive sweating;
- Exposure to certain chemicals;
- Intense exposure to environmental contamination;
- Hormonal imbalances;
- Lastly, bacterial or fungal infections
How to deal with the stench of scalp?
Here are five home recipes for smelly scalp treatment. However, keep in mind that even with these options, it is recommended that you go to a dermatologist to give you the treatment that is right for you.
Its main benefit is to neutralize odors and reduce excess scalp fat. To be able to use it, follow these steps:
- Mix one portion of baking soda in one third of water;
- Rinse your hair with water and apply this paste on it;
- Let it act five minutes and then wash it well.
- To achieve a satisfactory result, repeat this process weekly.
With lemon juice, your hair not only acquires a fresh, clean scent, but is also free of dandruff. To administer it:
- Dilute the squeezed juice of two lemons in a glass of water;
- Wash your hair and apply lemon juice on it, letting it work for 5 minutes to get rid of smelly hair.
- It is recommended that you repeat this operation three times a week.
If your scalp suffers from too much chemicals, this is a great option. In addition, apple cider vinegar also restores its normal pH, giving shine to the strands. To use it:
- Add half a cup of apple cider vinegar to two cups of distilled water;
- Incorporate into the mixture three drops of lavender, rose or other essential oil of your taste;
- Then spray the solution on your hair and let it work for 10 minutes. Finally, rinse with cold water to get rid of stinky hair.
This product can reduce itching and stench. To achieve these goals, apply olive oil all over your scalp and massage gently before washing your hair.
This plant can be used to treat hair loss, dandruff and scalp stench. For this, once a week:
Apply fresh aloe gel to your hair after shampooing it well;
Let it stand for 15 minutes and rinse.
One tip is to add a tablespoon of lemon juice and half a tablespoon of aloe vera gel to your shampoo for use in washing.